George Michael died alone on Christmas morning after battling heroin addiction for months, RadarOnline.com has learned.
According to The Telegraph, the star had even been treated in the hospital for an overdose earlier this year.
“He’s been rushed to A&E on several occasions,” a source revealed to the publication. “He used heroin. I think it’s amazing he’s lasted as long as he has.”
PHOTOS: What Happened Here? Celebrity Deaths That Remain A Mystery
As Radar readers know, the 53-year-old was found dead on December 25 at his Oxfordshire residence in England.
“George’s immune system was shot because he was HIV positive for a very long time,” an insider exclusively told Radar. “But it was cocaine and [other] drugs that brought him down and it was speed that caused his heart to explode.”
“He knew it and he didn’t care,” added the source.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Addiction: 24 Stars Who Died From An Overdose
As Radar previously reported, the singer lost contact with even his closest pals after he began to “shut people out,” including his own staff.
Cardiac arrest, the presumed cause of death according to the singer’s manager Michael Lipman, is common among heroin users.
But even worse, another insider told Radar that Michael was involved in a romance from hell before death with boyfriend Fadi Fawaz, who discovered his body Christmas day.
PHOTOS: 2016’s Most Notable Celebrity Deaths — Prince, Muhammad Ali & More
“He was in a long-term relationship that so volatile and drug-filled, it was disgusting They were very abusive verbally and physically to each other,” the insider told Radar.