HTC is all set to unveil its new smartphones – HTC U11 Plus and the HTC U11 Life – on November 2. In the past few days, we saw a prediction by the renowned leakster Evan Blass (who goes by @evleaks on Twitter), and he mentioned that the Taiwanese brand will launch just the HTC U11 Life on November 2 and not the HTC U11 Plus. However, looks like his prediction was incorrectly, going by the company’s latest teaser. A new tweet by HTC teases a device with a rear-facing fingerprint sensor and wireless charging, which implies the U11 Plus.
You’ll see it all on 11.02.2017. pic.twitter.com/vzYtKVdjK5
— HTC (@htc) October 24, 2017
A rear-facing fingerprint reader and wireless charging is expected in the HTC U11 Plus, which was recently certified by TENAA in China. The TENAA certification of the upcoming phone reaffirms that the device will come with a 6-inch display with Quad HD+ resolution (1440 x 2880 pixels) and an aspect ratio of 18:9. It is expected that the phone will be equipped with a Snapdragon 835 chipset and 6GB of RAM. It might come in 64GB and 128GB internal storage variants, and the storage expansion feature will be available as well. On the software side, it is supposed to offer Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box.
Rumours suggest that, similar to the HTC U11, the U11 Plus might feature a 12MP rear-facing camera with dual-pixel autofocus, dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, and 4K video recording. Additionally, it is supposed to offer IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, Edge Sense for squeeze input support, 4G LTE, GPS, dual-band Wi-FI a/b/g/n/ac, AirPlay, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C port, and a 4000mAh battery. It will most probably miss out on a 3.5mm headphone port, similar to the HTC U11.
HTC U11 Plus: Rumored Specifications
- Display: 6-inch Quad HD+ display, 1440 × 2880 pixels resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon octa-core Snapdragon 835 chipset with Adreno 540 GPU
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Memory: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card)
- Rear-facing camera: 12-megapixel, autofocus, dual-tone LED flash,4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE & VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS (with A-GPS), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C port
- Battery: 4000mAh, non-removable